Smith & Newphew
Full Job Description
We are a fast-paced, digital health R&D team within Smith+Nephew working on building best-in-class cloud deployed applications for the next generation of healthcare. The applications and devices we develop use AI/ML, big data, modern web/mobile technologies and the latest sensors to greatly improve clinical workflows and facilitate novel modalities for better patient care.
If you are looking for an amazing opportunity where you can combine your software engineering skills with your passion for medicine and healthcare, then this is the position for you. You will be part of a talented team that is highly motivated, takes great pride in the quality of our products and is passionate about our company’s vision, which simply put is “Life Unlimited”. Our team provides a high energy environment with a collaborative approach for you to thrive in.
We’re seeking an experienced Unity Developer who is knowledgeable in C# to help build the next generation of our digital health platform, implementing software features that will scale with the business as the offering integrates with projects across the Smith+Nephew organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop patient facing software written in C# utilizing the Unity game engine.
- Perform code reviews, with awareness of our regulated environment.
- Develop code using Test Driven Development.
- Integrate closely and frequently with Engineering Test department to aid both manual and automated testing.
- Facilitate requests to and from external engineering departments, e.g. cloud dev, DevOps, IT, hardware, R&D.
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile process, including story reviews, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Work to resolve elevated field support issues.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to communicate effectively.
- Generate technical documentation.
- Coordinate with external developers and content providers.
Location : Pittsburg, PA or San Diego, CA.
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant development experience
- Language Experience: C# preferred; C++/Java acceptable
- Gamedev background (Unity particularly) preferred, but work in simulations (in or out of health care) acceptable.
- Experience working with a large Git project
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with and passion for Agile development
- Strong analytical skills – be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Dynamic personality that is goal and solution oriented and able to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, customer-focused attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-orientation, and reliability around follow-through
Nice to Have:
- Medical device experience preferred
- Knowledge of hardware and networks
- User Interface design experience
- Unity plugin usage and development experience, including p/invoke and native interop
- Unity shader development experience (Cg/HLSL)
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks in simulation or gamedev
- Experience with performance optimization
- Machine Learning experience
Travel: <10% (all travel is restricted per company COVID travel policy)
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.