As a Sound Designer at Facebook, you’ll be a pivotal part of creating immersive VR experiences. Your skill with sound design and implementation will raise and define the bar for interactive sound. You will work closely with our different internal teams creating content for all of our products.
- You are, first and foremost, a Sound Designer who has made and will continue to create iconic sounds
- Expert with your tools of choice and possess both a keen aesthetic understanding of audio and a strong background in audio technology
- Create audio content for Facebook apps, VR, AR, and more
- Contribute to the future of sound design by working with and refining new technologies with our technology teams
- 5+ years experience in audio production for interactive experiences
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working with commercial audio middleware such as Wwise and FMOD
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, etc. and asset management/version control systems such as Perforce, Git, etc
- AR/VR sound design experience
- Mobile platform experience
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.