Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Full Job Description
- 6+ years of industry experience as a front-end technologist, engineer, or UX prototyper
- 6+ years experience building and iterating on functional prototypes that express design intent, using the most appropriate tools and techniques for the task
- Coding samples in front end programming languages
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role
Each day our customers push the boundaries for what is possible with AWS. We built Open 3D Engine in support of customers wanting to create high-fidelity, engaging gaming content on the backbone of AWS’s massive cloud compute capacity. Customers love O3DE’s powerful renderer, its Script Canvas visual scripting engine, cross-platform architecture, EMotion FX animation editor, AWS & Twitch integration and so much more. But that’s not all. We’re increasingly seeing customers use O3DE tech for interesting non-gaming applications. Our teams are growing in support of innovations for both, games and non-gaming customers. The O3DE team is looking for a Design Technologist to own, define and drive vision in several related areas, including game engines, cloud services, simulations, rendering and more.
Open 3D Engine is a open source AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping developers create the highest quality games & simulations, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their content to the vast compute and storage of the cloud. Our customers include indie game developers, large studios of repute building triple-A titles, and partners and other Amazon teams building non-traditional experiences. We are looking for a design technologist who is passionate about innovating in the games, simulations, or cloud services space. This role is an opportunity to join one of Amazon’s newest growth areas by leading projects of strategic importance with very high visibility.
Who you are:
You are a Senior Design Technologist with a Think Big mindset. You think holistically and can create experiences and prototypes to demonstrate to our customers the “art of the possible” – advocating for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer outcome goals. You practice collaboration, efficiency, and raise the bar for UX across the organization. You are at ease both visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into concise deliverables. You lead the creative review cycle, craft delightful design solutions, and elevate the experience of developing the user experiences that redefine entire industries. You are comfortable innovating in highly ambiguous situations and dive deep to understand users and the core incentives, opportunities, and technologies our customers need to drive game changing business outcomes.
Throughout the product strategy, design, and development lifecycle, you will work collaboratively with product leaders, customers, user researchers, and developers to innovate on product definitions and user experience across a portfolio of industry software products. We’re looking for a Senior Design Technologist to help us establish UX prototyping as a core capability to help us create user experiences that meet business needs across gaming and a number of different industry verticals including automotive, engineering, construction, supply chain, energy, and manufacturing. You will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for creating prototypes that illustrate key functionality and that inform product decisions by answering questions about the design, usability, feasibility, and desirability of proposed customer experiences. You’ll translate conceptual ideas into interactive prototypes that can be used to quickly test hypotheses and enable swift concept validation. As a Senior Design Technologist, you will lead and be responsible for large, wide-impact prototyping projects. You will have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You must be able to work with autonomy and a high degree of ambiguity in a fast paced environment where change is constant, delivering prototypes that elevate the customer experience as a whole.
- Experience designing game industry software for non-tech users and industries
- Proven track record delivering results in a collaborative team, partnering closely with developers and customers to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills for technical and business executives internally and externally
- Expertise working creatively around constraints and navigating highly ambiguous projects
- Experience designing advanced software products for digital technologies, such as IoT, machine learning, or advanced analytics
- Start-up experience driving transformational products in new industry situations
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine, Unity, Lumberyard, O3DE, and/or Godot.
- Experience with 3D artist tools Such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, etc
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.