We come from many different places, but what unites us is our passion. At Moment Factory, each new project is a blank page awaiting the creativity and talent of our whole team, no matter the individual responsibilities, roles, or fields. Our desire to innovate, to take risks, and to learn from our mistakes and from each other is what allows us to create collective projects that go above and beyond. Today, thanks to a team of 350 creative minds, we have been able to create immersive multimedia environments for artists, museums, airports, brands, theme parks and events, as well as our signature shows. No matter the canvas – be it film, lighting, multimedia architecture, sound design, special effects, or interactive projects – the thirst for experimentation and innovation is at the core of our DNA.
The Technical Director, Visual Effects (TD Pipeline) is in charge of the development and implementation of tools that enable the studio and its productions to run smoothly. Working under the supervision of the Content Team Director, the Technical Director manages part of the pipeline for VFX projects on multimedia installations. This work consists of developing, deploying, managing, and supporting required pipeline services as well as integrating third parties into the pipeline. The ideal candidate has solid software development skills, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to conceive robust, efficient, and easy-to-maintain codes and tools.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Management
- Maintain production timelines and quotas as communicated by the Coordinator;
- Attend R&D and production meetings;
- Work with the CG Supervisor, Production Director, and Content Team Director to define parameters and needs for each department’s pipeline;
- Complete tasks following deadlines set by Production and the Content Team Director;
- Use analytical skills to implement corrections requested by the Content Team Director;
- Keep the tracking system up-to-date and communicate work in progress;
- Maintain strong relations and a positive team dynamic.
- Create production software, tools, and solutions adapted to the various disciplines involved in building a VFX projects pipeline for multimedia installations;
- Develop, implement, maintain, and support pipeline tools (front-end/back-end);
- Integrate front-end and back-end pipeline services by writing PYTHON and/or C + + plugins and extensions for third party packages used in the pipeline;
- Maximize the pipeline’s resources;
- Write documentation as tools and codes are developed;
- Train Motion Designers and 3D Generalists to use pipeline tools;
- Write PYTHON / MEL scripts required for different tools used by departments;
- Use source code and deploy it for production.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in computer science, 3D animation;
- 2 years or more of experience in a production environment, animation, video games, or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written);
- Expertise in production procedures for 2D and 3D animation;
- Excellent knowledge of After Effects and Cinema 4D software;
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya, Foundry Nuke, and Thinkbox Deadline software (an asset);
- Solid understanding of the multimedia industry;
- Responsible, strong organizational and time management skills;
- Highly resourceful and detail oriented;
- Passionate self-learner;
- Excellent team worker.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!