Major League Baseball
The Major League Baseball Games and VR Group designs, develops, and manages a portfolio of high-quality products including console and mobile games, real-time data visualization, VR/AR experiences, and more.
Our mission is to innovate the next generation of interactive entertainment for baseball fans everywhere. We pay close attention to the trends shaping sports while constantly raising the quality bar with everything we do. Our team works with some of baseball’s most advanced technologies to reinvent fan experiences for video games, next-gen products, Jewel Events, and activations at ballparks around the world.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Artist who not only excels in their craft but also possesses a deep understanding of real time graphics, a knack for problem-solving, building solutions, and proficiency in C# programming. You’ll be working across all stages of projects – mixing technology and rapid prototype – to create and validate proof of concepts leading to new opportunities and approaches. If you’re excited about pushing the boundaries of creativity in the world of sports and have a strong passion for video games, this could be the perfect role for you.
- Art and Technology Integration: Collaborate with the creative and technical teams to ensure that artistic assets seamlessly integrate into our products. This includes creating visually appealing in-game elements.
- Interactive Experiences: Design and develop interactive experiences, user interfaces, animations, and interactive elements that enhance fan engagement and immersion.
- Problem Solving: Identify and solve technical challenges related to graphics, animations, and interactivity. Troubleshoot and optimize performance issues to deliver seamless and visually impressive sports experiences.
- C# Programming: Utilize C# programming skills to develop tools, scripts, and plugins that enhance the efficiency of the creative and technical teams. Collaborate with programmers to implement C# code for in-game functionality.
- Asset Pipeline Management: Work closely with 3D artists, animators, and designers to establish efficient asset pipelines and ensure that assets are well-optimized for real-time applications.
- Experience coding interactive products including the ability to write robust, maintainable, well-documented code.
- 3 + years’ experience in interactive content creation including realtime production experience with Unreal or Unity3D.
- Prior 2D and 3D content creation experience as well as UX Design for immersive experiences.
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability.
- Able to work creatively and collaboratively with designers, programmers, or technical artists.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Design skills to accelerate projects from ideation to final delivery.
- Have shipped a AAA PC or console title as a Technical Artist or similar.
- Project management experience and the ability to identify and avoid production roadblocks.
- An entrepreneurial, flexible, proactive, self-starter mindset.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $90,000 to $115,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.