EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
EA Tiburon is in need of a Technical Designer to help with its current Madden title. The ideal candidates will have a broad knowledge of both design and engineering. You will need to wear many hats and fulfill various needs as they arise over the course of development. You will work directly with creative and technical leadership to execute the game’s vision while maintaining high technical standards.
- Over the course of development, you will be expected to ideate, design, prototype, implement, iterate on, and polish various game features.
- Generate new and creative ideas that fit within the overall vision of the game.
- Fully flesh out these ideas in a detailed design document.
- Use visual scripting to rapidly prototype new ideas. Quickly find the fun, fail fast, and fail cheap.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team and collaborate well with designers, engineers, and artists.
- Design, implement and tune complex data systems inside Frostbite.
- Design and implement non-interactive sequences using a propriety toolset.
- Own the setup, implementation, and polish phases of narrative cinematic scenes in the game.
- Design and implement unique gameplay moments.
- Author python scripts to automate repetitive tasks within Frostbite.
- 2+ years of industry experience in a design or engineering role.
- A creative problem solver with a strong mix of analytical/technical skills and design skills.
- Experience working with and debugging inside Unity or Unreal is a must.
- Experience with scripting languages is a must. Python experience is a plus.
- Visual scripting experience is a must.
- Well versed in modern game design trends.
- Personal side projects are a plus.
- A background in computer science is a plus