At eko, we are building the world’s most fulfilling shopping experiences. We are a choice-driven content creation, publishing and e-commerce platform, where brands can build immersive worlds and inspirational shopping journeys with interactive, live-action video. Our clients include Walmart, P&G, Mattel, Coca-Cola, LEGO, and more. Now, we need a UX Designer who is passionate about working on the cutting edge of tech and commerce to help us build out this whole new medium of content.
We are looking for a UX Designer who identifies and empathizes with shoppers’ needs, turns unique insights into innovative product possibilities and brings creative excellence to multiple projects. Reporting into the Experience Director, you will champion User Experience as you help eko invent a new way of shopping online, focusing on designing the best experiences for users by understanding digital ecosystems and how users and potential users interact with them in order to move the product forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take ownership of product user experience, designing the interactions and interfaces, conceptualize and design user journeys and end-to-end experiences.
- Build UX flows of interactive video shopping experiences, create wireframes, storyboards, and site maps to effectively communicate
- interaction and design ideas accounting for holistic online and in-store customer journeys.
- Create clickable prototypes that can be rapidly tested and iterated upon.
- Partner with Product Managers to collaborate on opportunities and support products that ship with alignment to user needs and business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Data & Research team to test concepts and prototypes. Utilize research and data for product creation – focusing on gaining insights at an individual product perspective, finding opportunity and friction points for users. Conduct user experience research as needed, working with the research team.
- Plan and facilitate UX workshops and internal brainstorms when needed that encourage discovery and user empathy that can tie back to product, marketing, and business objectives, and evolve your designs.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape, existing customer journeys, and user need states for eko in order to represent the user through all aspects of product development and optimization, as part of a team creating cutting edge products.
- Undertake strategic thinking for long-term impact while understanding and taking into account business and technical constraints, including ensuring desirable/valuable experiences for users, and helping shape the tools for brands to easily create more of these experiences with the end user in mind.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 5+ years experience working with product design teams in the content, media, technology, and/or eCommerce spaces.
- Rich understanding of user centered design principles and practices, user research, interaction design, typography and color, UI design, and web usability standards
- A design background with an obsessive eye for interaction and visual details and a deep passion for advocating and focusing on user needs, and championing user-centered design.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process.
- Proficiency with wireframe and visual design tools (e.g. Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of basic video editing and experience within an interactive video a big plus.
- Collaborative team player that is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback from teammates, support with additional work when required
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability toward the products you create
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
WHO WE ARE
At eko, we believe in a creative approach to everything, no matter what role we’re in. We believe in meaningful choice, at work and in life, and know our workplace only gets better when people can bring their whole selves to the office. We’re software developers and spray paint artists, poets and producers, fantasy sports fans and financial whizzes, chess-heads and UXperts, pop culture nerds and product managers, data wizards and yoga instructors. We have as many stories as we do people, and we can’t wait to hear yours.
Eko is also committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, so we can represent everyone trying to build a more creative future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and consider all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans), sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected class. We’re based in NYC with offices in Tel Aviv.