Arts District Experience
The Video Operations Technician is responsible for acting as the alternate to the Video Operations Lead on day-to-day management and maintenance of the video production elements required to ensure an exciting and immersive environment for attendees.
Commensurate with experience. Presented rate at $35/hour.
Arts District is the premier location for cutting-edge art and spectacular storytelling. Through its doors, you’ll find a unique fusion of daring creativity and unmatched innovation to fuel your curiosity. Spend the day discovering a variety of stunning audiovisual experiences while enjoying food, drinks & shopping in between. From the stunning AI-generated art of Limitless AI to the multisensory stories inside Darkfield’s 40 ft shipping containers, what awaits in Arts District is sure to leave a mark on you.
LIMITLESS AI: Using algorithms as a brush, data as paint, and the walls as its canvas, Limitless AI takes visitors on a journey of amazement and wonder that examines the soul and consciousness of human beings through the innovative lens of AI.
Runs ~70 mins
FLIGHT: Fasten your seatbelt and embark on a thrilling and terrifying journey through alternate dimensions and outcomes. Experience a life-changing flight in near-total darkness, all without ever leaving the ground.
Runs ~30 mins
SÉANCE: Step inside a Victorian séance room and prepare for a spine-chilling auditory adventure. You’ll conjure up a terrifying phenomenon you have to experience to believe…
Runs ~30 mins
Location: Arts District Brooklyn – 25 Franklin St. Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY 11222
Opening Day: Thursday July 21, 2022
Thursdays–Saturdays: 7:00 p.m. – 10:30 pm| Doors open at 6:00 pm | Call at 5:00 pm
Sundays: 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 pm | Doors open at 4:00 pm | Call at 3:00 pm
If there is an increased demand, shows may be added. There will also be calls for maintenance, marketing, media and VIP performances outside of this schedule.
- Assist the Video Operations Lead for relevant technical operations support, emergency or otherwise.
- Serve as main point of contact when Video Operations Lead is out of house.
- Serve as the second point of contact when video or media server related errors or malfunctions occur and perform troubleshooting tasks to restore the show to its intended state and/or guide operational staff over the phone to perform similar tasks.
- Assist in performing regular maintenance related to blending of projectors.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and tidy server room and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of auxiliary materials or equipment needed by production team for special events and needs (i.e. tools, expendables, etc)
- Interact with other production elements throughout the space; and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Perform weekly quality control walkthroughs with Video Operations lead of show and venue to ensure all elements are acceptably close to the “installed” state provided by our vendors.
- Provide direct technical support to private or special events as needed and appropriate.
- This could include being an operating engineer when necessary or supporting another technical team working within the space for a visiting client.
- Initiate damage / error reporting to venue supervisor and vendor, as well as diagnostics, repair, and replacement when necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ of experience as a projectionist and video technician.
- Working knowledge of Green Hippo, Resolume, and Touchdesigner.
- Strong knowledge of projection setup, rigging, troubleshooting, and alignment with Barco software and projectors.
- Strong working understanding of electrical systems and distribution for production.
- Familiarity with NDI and NDI HX based camera and distribution systems.
- Basic familiarity with lighting systems including Grand MA consoles.
- Basic familiarity with Alcorn Mcbride control integration elements.
- OSHA Aerial platform lift certification.
- OSHA forklift certification a plus, but not required.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $35.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Video production: 1 year (Preferred)
- Projections: 1 year (Preferred)
- OSHA aerial platform lift certification (Preferred)
- OSHA forklift certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location