The Third Floor
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company. We maintain offices in Los Angeles and London as well as with productions on location around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing rough-cut content, known as “previsualization”, to help guide key storytelling decisions and screen early-stage content. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio culture. The company has won multiple Emmy and VES awards for its work. Clients include: Disney, Marvel, Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Universal, and more.
The Virtual Production (VP) & Technology Producer has two main responsibilities:
- Work with the hiring, casting, bidding, & production departments on all Virtual Production shows. They will ensure that requirements and expectations are established, advise on show bidding, casting and production issues to ensure projects are successful.
- Project Managing large-scale technology projects including maintaining budgets and schedules as well as communicating needs and updates to other departments across the company.
- Work with New Business, clients and key creatives to understand their VP/Tech needs. May require reviewing scripts, breakdowns and technical schematics.
- Advise New Business to accurately bid the needs of new shows, including crewing and schedule requirements
- Liaise with HR and Learning/Training team to hire, train and support VP artists and technical engine crew.
- Advise Production on all aspects of the VP/Tech work on a show including technical challenges and client management.
- Ensure regular check-ins with production teams to ensure VP/Tech aspects of the show are running properly.
- Work with Casting to ensure that crews are correctly designed to meet VP/Tech show needs.
- Work closely with the Director or Technology and Development Manager to plan large technology & software projects and initiatives including creating schedules and resource evaluations.
- Build and maintain schedule & budget for large-scale Technology projects.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, including sending regular progress reports.
- Minimum three (3) years work experience in production management, including strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Experience in various aspects of Virtual Production: mocap, vcam, simulcam, motion control, VAD, LED walls
- Experience with doing bids and breakdowns for Virtual Production
- Understanding of a wide range of technology subjects, including, servers, networking, software development.
- Strong scheduling abilities
- Project budget management experience
- Expert knowledge of Office packages (incl. Excel, Word & Powerpoint) and G-Suite variants (Docs, Sheets)
- Good understanding of VFX and Virtual production workflows and practices
- Knowledge of previs, postvis, and/or techvis industry requirements and delivery schedule.
- Expert knowledge of VFX Tracking systems: Shotgun/Filemaker Pro/Ftrack
- Experience with real-time game engines: Unreal/Unity
- Experience on-set with Virtual Production/Immersive entertainment shoots
- Highly organized with excellent time/project management skills
- Strong delegation and people management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to project confidence in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team towards a common goal
How to Apply
Please provide your resume AND a cover letter. A unique resume and cover letter expressing your interest (while demonstrating that you’ve done your homework on us) shouldn’t be underestimated! As someone pursuing a career in Production, you should understand how important it is to be a thoughtful and effective communicator. Tell us who you are and why we should pick you!
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.