The Third Floor
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles, London, and Beijing, as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio culture. The company has won multiple Emmy and VES awards for its work. Recent films projects Marvel’s Avengers Endgame, The Star Wars Franchise, and Game of Thrones.
The Third Floor is looking for an Engine TD for its Virtual Production department. The ideal candidate will come with extensive Unreal Engine experience. They will work with our Virtual Production, Pipeline, and Art teams to support the deployment of real time engine technologies within the Film industry.
- Support the art team with exporting Art Content (Environments, Props, Animations) from Maya to Unreal
- Support the virtual camera and motion capture operator during capture sessions on stage
- Drive the planning and implementation of editor and tools features
- Create and debug shader and materials graphs throughout production
- Support the project teams with the technical implementation in Unreal
- Support performance profiling and run time efficiency efforts
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed
- Inside out knowledge of Unreal
- Experience with performance profiling in Unreal
- Experience creating functional levels in Unreal
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Blueprint and gameplay system development
- Experience with Perforce and/or other source control software
- Experience working with Maya, MotionBuilder or other DCC software
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
Desired Additional Skills:
- Proven Virtual Production experience on Feature Films, Television or Games
- Experience or understanding of visual effects pipeline
- Experience producing pipeline tools for Maya and MotionBuilder
- Familiarity with creating cascade FX
- Scripting experience – Python
- Familiarity with ARKit/ARCore APIs
- C++ experience
How to Apply
Please provide your resume AND a cover letter. A unique resume and cover letter expressing your interest (while demonstrating that you’ve done your homework on us) shouldn’t be underestimated! As someone pursuing a career in Virtual Production, you should understand how important it is to be a thoughtful and effective communicator. Tell us who you are and why we should pick you!
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
To apply for this job, visit this link: