Gallagher & Associates
- Collaborate with Project managers, UX Designers, Content Strategists, Creative Technologists, and Exhibit designers to conceptualize, design and build new and exciting user experiences and physical spaces.
- Participate in brainstorms and translate concepts to engaging user experiences and visual designs
- Apply the best design aesthetics and manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project, and under tight deadlines.
- Create visual guidelines and scalable UI design systems to ensure visual consistency across screen sizes and platforms.
- Ability to receive feedback and explain design choices to cross-functional teams, clients and curatorial teams in design reviews.
- Participate actively in our prototyping and user-testing process.
- Iterate on design based on findings and tech constraints. Help to refine and further develop concepts into complete, functional design systems.
- Assist with project deliverables for presentations and client meetings. Participate in new business pitches.
- Opportunity to mentor and recruit junior designers and interns.
- Report to the Visual Design Director and Creative Lead on projects.
- Minimum 4+ years demonstrable experience in creating cutting-edge interfaces, large scale websites and/or applications for mobile and touch devices.
- Must be process driven, demonstrate strong visual design skills, careful attention to detail, and have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- An understanding of iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process.
- Fluency with common design software (Adobe XD, Sketch.io, Illustrator, Photoshop). Experience with motion graphics, 3D environment, and time based media.
- Eloquent verbal/written communication & presentation skills, with the ability to successfully explain your design rationale to your team and stakeholders.
- High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedules with fast-paced deadlines.
- Solid formal academic background in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Interaction Design, or related field; advanced degree a plus.
Gallagher & Associates is a global award winning, full service museum exhibition design firm, specializing in design and development of interpretive 3D experiences and interactive media installations. We believe that the hallmark of any exhibit is storytelling and lies in its ability to capture a visitor’s imagination through sights, sounds and words. Constant collaboration between disciplines and with our clients is the foundation of our creative process. Gallagher & Associates’ collaborative working style facilitates the process that is required to develop a storyline that provides a rich, layered learning experience.
Please submit a resume to: email@example.com. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
Candidates must have examples they can show that demonstrate creative thinking and core craft skills across a variety of categories and design formats & methodologies.