Royal College of Art
We are looking for an experienced, adaptable, highly motivated, and outcome-focused person to work with our technical support team at the Royal College of Art.
The day job as a XR & Immersive Media, Technical Specialist:
- Provide technical instruction, support, advice and demonstrations in XR and Immersive media and related technical processes.
- Support the growth of XR, coding, games design and visualisation equipment, software, and services across the College, including the researching, buying and setting up of new equipment and services.
- Ongoing learning of XR and Immersive Media as part of a dynamic team.
- Assist students and staff in problem solving and finding technical solutions.
- Maintain specialist equipment and safety and keep accurate records.
- Support College Teaching, Learning, Research activity that may require XR and Immersive Technologies, as appropriate for the role.
What you will need to have:
- Knowledge and experience of coding, game engines, XR and projection mapping.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to use initiative and work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational, time management, planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent user focus and a flexible approach.
- Some experience of motion capture, spatial sound, mixed reality technologies, or physical computing would be desirable but not essential.
How to apply:
Please ensure you look at the information pack before completing your application. To be considered you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and upload a:
1. Full curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Covering letter explaining why you would be ideal for this role
If shortlisted, you may be asked to take a technical test as well as attend an interview. These will take place either online and/or at offices in London.
Please note: Depending on the volume of applications this advert may be removed before the closing date so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.