I’d like to use the knowledge and skills I’ve acquired working in the live event industry over the past 10+ years to help augment your company/project/event. My background has been primarily in projection, but I’ve expanded my skills to include playback, media servers, LEDs, camera work, and other video related roles.
I’ve done a variety of contract work over the past few years, but my largest accomplishment has been to be the first head of video for the multimedia installation at Cipriani’s 25 Broadway event space. This joint project between Cipriani & Moment Factory allowed me to develop my technical abilities as the primary programmer and technician for the installation as well as my leadership abilities as the head of video for live events.
It was also during that time I rekindled my passion for new media art and design. I’ve been self-training with Touchdesigner as well as a suite of other tools and feel this knowledge combined with my production experience would be a great asset to your endeavors.
Work & Experience
Video Project Manager Cipriani/Moment Factory8/2018-3/2022
As one of the first employees of the Cipriani/Moment Factory partnership at 25 Broadway, I was compelled to define my role on the fly in the high pressure world of NYC live event production. Daily maintenance/troubleshooting of a multi-million dollar, 17 projector, 14 audio channel installation with interactive elements
– Supervision of technical staff and procedures
– Communication with 3rd party vendors
– Coordinate video team schedules
– Interviewing and vetting potential new freelancers
– Gear research and procurement
– Programming and playback of Xagora media servers
Video Lead Reynard Productions6/2015-7/2016
I developed, implemented and managed the video department for the indoor and outdoor Brooklyn pop-up event space, The Brooklyn Mirage. Requiring a start to finish, ground-up built-out of a 10 projector & control set-up for a 70,000 sq ft. space, in under 4 weeks. Managed projections, run-of-show for daily/weekly events.
– Installation/maintainence of a 10 projector, 270° projection space
– Gear recommendations and purchases
– Technician training and onsite supervision
– Implementation of best practices for system deployment
– Liason to VJ’s and designers for each events video needs
Freelance Video Technician Self6/2010-Present
Multifaceted video technician/engineer working for numerous A/V companies as well as several arts organizations across NYC, giving me a deep network of artists, technicians, and agencies in NYC and across the globe .
– Remote Camera Op
– Multimedia Programmer/Operator: Xagora
- Live Events
- Media Servers
- Video Project Management